The 2014 Common Gathering Recap
On May 3rd, teachers from all over New Jersey who had participated in our Spring & Fountain program came together at Princeton Day School for the Common Gathering. It was a beautiful day full of poetry, with many great conversations and writing workshops led by Dodge Poets and featured poet Henri Cole.
We want to share with you some photos from the day, as well as the list of poems from the Giving Voice packet – a selection of poems chosen for reading aloud. Participants, who have not seen the packet beforehand, gather in small groups to share whichever poem strikes them. We’ve linked the poems that are available online. Enjoy!
Teachers could choose to sign up for conversations or writing activities
Featured poet Henri Cole gave a beautiful afternoon reading
Giving Voice 2014
3. At Mike’s Pub and Grub by Sean Thomas Dougherty
5. Good People by David Daniel
9. Planting, Hayhurst Farm by Elyse Fenton
16. Boy in Stolen Evening Gown by Saeed Jones
17. Ballad in the Streets of Buenos Aires by Yehuda Amichai, trans. Chana Bloch
21. To Bless by Danusha Laméris
27. Messenger by Sophie Cabot Black
If you’re a teacher and would like a PDF copy of the Giving Voice packet, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re interested in taking part in a writing exercise with us, we will be holding Writing in Response to Nature at Duke Farms this summer. For more information, visit dodgepoetry.org!