Throughout December, we are highlighting each of the organizations featured in our Jersey Give-Back Guide, which is a website designed to help you learn about some of New Jersey’s most effective nonprofits as you are thinking about making your year-end donations. It’s Day 9 of the 15 Days of Generating Generosity, and we’re happy to tell you about Elijah’s Promise.
Elijah’s Promise uses food to break the cycle of poverty and change people’s lives. They feed people fresh, nutritious meals every day in New Brunswick, but they also do so much more. They offer culinary training and job opportunities with its professional catering business which delivers meals to kids, the elderly and the homebound through the city. They also operate a large community garden, a pay-what-you-can café called A Better World Café, and offer critical mental and physical health services to people in need. Simply put, your donation to Elijah’s Promise helps people live with dignity and opportunity.
- Elijah’s Promise Helps Those in Need All Year Long
- New Jersey Restaurant Offers Customers “Pay What You Can” Option
- To learn more about Elijah’s Promise, please visit their website.
- Ready to make a donation? Ok! Please go to the Jersey Give-Back Guide, and click on Elijah’s Promise. With just a few easy clicks, you can help Elijah’s Promise break the cycle of poverty and change people’s lives.
- The Dodge Foundation is offering $1,000 challenge grants to each of the organizations featured in the Jersey Give-Back Guide. To be eligible, each organization must receive at least 50 donations through the Guide by December 31st. Help them reach their goal and get that extra $1,000!