We are excited to launch a search for the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation’s next chief financial officer.
For 25 years, Cynthia Evans, chief financial officer, has helped provide the financial and operational structure and support within which the Foundation’s staff and grantees could do their best creative work. Evans, who recently served as interim president and CEO, will be leaving Dodge at the end of 2019.
As we move toward our new vision of an equitable New Jersey through creative, engaged, sustainable communities, we are looking for a chief financial officer to lead our finance function in support of our new strategic plan who will bring their deep commitment to equity, robust knowledge of financial management and accounting systems, creativity and big-picture thinking, and desire to build and nurture strong, collaborative relationships to our team.
We retained On-Ramps to oversee the search. Please see the official job posting to view a full description and how to apply. A summary is below.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the CEO to develop and refine organizational strategy and goals; advise the CEO on the organization’s financial performance and long-term financial planning
- Identify opportunities for innovation and advance board and staff learning around mission-aligned investments
- Oversee all finance and accounting functions, including day-to-day financial reporting, cash management, financial controls, and risk management
- Lead the process of reviewing current investment policy, asset management, and grantmaking portfolio through newly developed equity framework and to include mission-related investing
- Communicate a compelling vision and strategy for the finance team as well as the team and individual goals to drive successful execution of that strategy
What you’ll bring to the job:
- You bring versatility, curiosity, humility, and a high level of cultural competence and thrive in a highly collaborative and learning-oriented environment.
- You possess strong analytical skills, with experience leveraging financial information to make strategic decisions and knowledge of the finance and accounting function (e.g., budgeting, forecasting, compliance), ideally with some experience with nonprofits or foundations, and an understanding of asset management and impact investing.
- You have experience working with an organization to make decisions through the lens of financial health, sustainability, programmatic impact, and equity, and can recognizes and anticipate future opportunities and challenges as they relate to financial strategy and systems
- You bring experience managing people, either small teams of direct reports or project-based resources, and enjoy nurturing the learning and growth of direct reports and colleagues
Interested candidates can apply to On-Ramps at https://www.on-ramps.com/jobs/1745
The Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages individuals of all backgrounds and cultures to consider this leadership position. The Foundation’s commitment to inclusivity encompasses but is not limited to diversity in nationality, ethnicity, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, and disability.