It’s almost time to head back to school again — and this year there are two extra reasons to revel.
Mark your calendar for the week of September 11 – 17 — National Arts Education Week, a time to celebrate the arts in education and support equitable access to the arts for all students.
Here in New Jersey, it is also the official launch of the Arts Ed Now campaign, an advocacy campaign to increase active participation in the arts in every school in New Jersey.
You may have seen the colorful Arts Ed Now logo make its appearance on your favorite arts organization’s website or newsletter or on the social media profile or a pin worn by a friend or family member who is an arts education supporter. On the kickoff of National Arts Education Week, I invite you to visit ArtsEdNow.org to learn more, find out how you can join the effort, and take action on the issues affecting arts education in New Jersey schools.
We’re thrilled to offer another way to get involved: The Dodge Foundation and New Jersey Arts Education Partnership are joining forces to host a Twitter chat from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, September 15.
Share and learn more about how other fellow New Jersey arts education organizations are celebrating, how they are implementing the campaign and some early success stories. You will also hear how to use the Arts Ed Now website to learn about arts education in your community in addition to other features.
All you have to do is follow hashtags #betternj and #artsednow and join the conversation:
#BetterNJ Twitter Chat – Arts Ed Now
Thursday, September 15, 2016
3:30 – 4:30 PM
Why is the Dodge Foundation hosting a Twitter chat?
Simply, Twitter chats are about connecting and learning. It’s an easy way to hit pause in your work day from where ever you are and share ideas and best practices with peers from across the state.
Moreover, you never know what connections you’ll make or who’s reading, and it’s a great way to try out new tools and ways to reach your audiences.
All are welcome to join the chat. The more voices, the better the conversation!
Tips for Participating in a Twitter Chat:
- Use Twitter to follow #betternj — or better yet, try Tchat.io at http://www.tchat.io/
- Don’t be afraid to jump in!
- Always use #betternj and #artsednow in your tweet
- When the moderator asks the first question, it will begin with “Q1”. Be sure to respond by beginning your answer with “A1” and so on…
- Chat with other participants by replying directing to them and RT if you’re digging their responses
- Include a “.” in front of an @ like [.@] if you want your tweet to show up in all feeds
- Feel free to dip in and out of the chat
- Be polite and positive
- Follow up with people after the chat and keep the conversations going!
Set a reminder on your calendar to join us. We hope to see you on Twitter!