Poetry Friday: Fall Semester News
Dodge Poetry wishes the best to all of the teachers and students who went back to school this week, or will be going back next week. Here are a few resources and ideas for teachers as you start the new year:
- If you would like a copy of our Teacher’s Kit from the 2012 Festival or a copy of our Giving Voice Packet from the 2013 Common Gathering, both of which are full of contemporary poems useful for the classroom, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you an electronic copy.
- Turning the focus from the classroom to the enrichment of teachers as individuals, this week we announced our Image to Image program for the fall – sessions for teachers to write in response to visual art with no critique, in four amazing art institutions around New Jersey.
- Be sure to stay in touch with Dodge Poetry in order to be up to date with 2014 Dodge Poetry Festival Student Day. You can do this by joining our mailing list, and following us on Facebook and Twitter @DodgePoetryFest. We also just started an Instagram account, @dodgepoetry, which we promise will have fun photos in store for you!
- There are some great poetry websites and resources for teachers and poetry lovers on our Resource page, as well as many other poetry festivals around the country for you to check out.
- We have been enjoying the Back to School poems on Poets.org and this edition of Poetry magazine, which was curated by Lemony Snicket.
Welcome back! We hope this is a start to a great year of learning together.